Fear of the dentists chair prevents millions of people from caring properly for their teeth. But studies have linked poor oral health to over 200 illnesses, including heart disease, stroke, some cancers, and diabetes.
Try these 5 techniques to conquer your fear.
- Enlist a friend – Bring someone with you to help you relax and stay calm.
- Tap into the power of music – With headphones, listen to your favorite soothing music.
- Try breathing exercises – Take deep breath through your nose, hold it, and let it out slowly through your mouth. Repeat until you feel your heartbeat slow to a natural rhythm.
- Use visualization – Visualize your favorite peaceful place to quell anxious racing thoughts.
- Tell us – We’re specially trained to work with fearful patients to help reduce – and even eliminate – anxiety!
In addition to brushing and flossing at home, regular dental recall visits are essential to keeping your teeth and gums healthy and pain free. They also allow us to treat problems before they become more serious – so you spend less time in the dental chair.
Don’t let dental anxiety put your overall health at risk. Contact us today!