It is important to team up with your hygienist.
We all love to give and receive smiles, and dental hygienists help us put our best smile forward! Dedicated to prevention, our hygienists Susan and Sindy will help maintain the health of your teeth and gums to prevent more extensive and expensive future dental procedures. They are an essential part of our oral healthcare team and provide a broad range of services including:
- Assessment of the health of your mouth, throat, jaw, and neck, screening for oral cancer, and dental charting
- Cavity protection with sealants and fluoride
- Instructing proper brushing and flossing techniques
- Cleaning and polishing to remove hard deposits from tooth surfaces and below your gumline to make your teeth their shiny best
- Diagnostics of your teeth, facial bones, and soft tissues to accurately evaluate your oral health
Our hygienists are skilled professionals who are licensed to practice in New Jersey. Their training required two years of schooling with clinical experience. Both Susan and Sindy are experienced, gentle and regularly attend seminars to keep current with new concepts and techniques in their field and bring newest advances in dental hygiene to our office.
- Susan Igoe, Registered Dental Hygienist with a B.S. degree in Dental Hygiene Education. She started her career at our office in 1985 and now has over 35 years experience in the field. Susan is one of the most respected and knowledgeable hygienists in the Jersey Shore area and keeps very warm relationships with our long time patients. She also serves as a President of South Shore NJ Dental Hygienist Association. Susan enjoys spending time with her family, cooking and traveling.
- Sindy Weyhmiller, Registered Dental Hygienist with a B.S Degree in Dental Hygiene Education and a graduate of the Camden County College dental hygiene program. She joined our exceptional staff in 2012 and keeps up to our highest standards. Sindy loves to get to know all her patients and strives to make a difference in their oral health. In her free time Sindy enjoys spending time with her children and husband, take family hiking trips and steal some quiet time with a good book.